Tips for Paleo Weight Loss

1) Eating Healthy Just because you shop at Whole Foods does not mean you eat healthy! When was the last time you read the ingredients to the items you were purchasing? I started the Paleo Lifestyle and once I introduced organic, grass-fed meat to my system, I couldn't imagine  
going back. Removing the processed food has made a world of difference in not only my health and weight, but also in my overall energy level and happiness.
2) Portion Sizes
If you choose the Paleo Lifestyle, portion sizes is not much of a concern even with a weight loss goal. The only item you will want to limit would be your fruit intake, but other than that the Paleo Lifestyle allows you to eat as much as you want because everything you are eating is great for you!

3) Get Organized
Take this change seriously. Make a meal plan, or buy one online, and stick to it. Give it an honest 30-day try for a week as that is how quickly I was noticing results. Especially being a single mother that works full-time, planning ahead has been crucial in my family's success at the Paleo Lifestyle.

4) Educate Yourself
Learn the importance of why removing the processed foods from your diet is important. You will have a higher success rate if you fully understand the harm you are doing to your body with the every day foods you ingest.

5) Real Food Is Best
I had a hard time taking in enough protein in my lifestyle change so I added a protein shake as a snack a few times a week. You want to have around 100g - 150g of protein a day while trying to lose weight.

6) Carbs
This is crucial to your success! You want your body to enter Ketosis which will happen once you are under 50g carbs a day. There are urine sticks you ca purchase to verify you have entered the Ketosis state. This has your body burn fat instead of carbs giving you much more energy as well as weight loss.

7) Find Support
Don't be afraid to find a local group that will meet to keep everyone motivated or even a blog or Facebook group! Having others with similar goals and interests will keep you on the healthy path to a better lifestyle and weight loss!

8) Its OK to Cheat
One of the things I love best about the Paleo Lifestyle is that you are allowed to cheat. Keep in mind you will want to do so in moderation while you are in the weight loss phase.